Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Gauge Swatches

Making a swatch to gauge is so not easy! Maybe that is why I have forgone doing it previously...

Obviously I cannot trust the yarn brand to have the correct gauge...or at last not the one I used. It had 17 stitches in 4 inches using size 9 needles - that was not so. 

So I ripped it and am trying it with size 8 needles. Hopefully that will work. I have 6 swatches to complete that require me to knit to gauge, so I am hoping once I have the first one complete, the rest will follow along the same path!

I finished reading Dear Hank Williams. You can go to my book blog to find my review....http://fortheloveofchildrensbooks.blogspot.com

I just started reading A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff. It's another middle grade novel.

Have a great day!


Matthew 11:28-30 “… Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”