Thursday, June 4, 2015

Missed Opportunity

It's First Thursday here in Austin. I was really excited to go to Hill Country Weavers because they had 20% yarn today...oh wait...I missed it. I am really sad, but it is my own fault. I was working on finishing this test prep stuff and lost track of time :(

I haven't decided yet about STITCHES Texas. Has anyone out there gone to a STITCHES event. I'd love some insight. There are some great people going to be there, but it is a little pricey. Love some information.

In the meantime, this is going to sound bad, but I am going to study gauge. I have never put much thought into it as I knit. I just assume that what needles and yarn the pattern asks for is good for the gauge. Must be wrong because I have seen many things about gauge. So it is my project to help improve my knitting right now.

I am reading a really great middle grade novel by one of my very favorite authors - Kimberly Willis Holt. It is called Dear Hank Williams. I am about half way through and love it.



I am also reading To Kill a Mockingbird in anticipation of Harper Lee's new novel coming out on July 14th.

That's it for me right now...

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.           ~Jeremiah 29:11